Tuesday, August 8, 2023

Link Bundle: Republicans and Bigotry

The tabs in my browser have been building up since 2019, and this is the only way I can seem to curb my tab-hoarding, so...


Republicans in Indiana decided there needed to be a hate crimes law... but not one that covers racism or homophobia.

Elected GOP official backs white supremacy, part 1.  (This guy has since been promoted from Raleigh to Washington.)

Elected GOP official backs white supremacy, part 2. (Josh Hawley is notorious for this.)

Elected GOP official backs white supremacy, part 3. (Why did you THINK so many people loved Reagan?)

Elected GOP official backs white supremacy, part 4. (Fifty-one of them, to be more accurate.)

Elected GOP official backs white supremacy, part 5. (What? You thought I was going to skip Trump? The dude tried to incorporate Nazi insignia into his 2020 campaign. And Tom Cotton is even worse than Hawley, believe it or not.)

Elected GOP official backs white supremacy, part 6.

Elected GOP official backs white supremacy, part 7. This article was written by my neo-Confederate US Representative at the time. My current one is just as bad.

Elected GOP official backs white supremacy, part 8.  (He didn't resign. He did, however, lose his re-election campaign, although getting prosecuted for embezzlement might have had something to do with that.)

Elected GOP official backs white supremacy, part 9. (This one is still there.)

Cops are bigots, part 1

Cops are bigots, part 2.

Cops are bigots, part 3.

Cops are bigots, part 4. (And for the record, I bought into the Acevedo hype at the time. More fool I.)

Cops are bigots, part 5. (What kind of people did you THINK the ICE would attract?)

Cops are bigots, part 6. Continued.

Cops are bigots, part 7. Yes, even cops of color. The training, the culture, and the weeding out of good cops guarantees it.

To be fair, cop-killers are ALSO bigots.

Just because the Kochs are fundraising against Trump now doesn't mean they don't still back white supremacy.

And by now it should be no surprise that "libertarian" tech-bros are RABIDLY racist.

Right-wingers lie to promote hate, part 1. (This is basically Ben Shapiro's whole thing.)

Right-wingers lie, part 2 (although the article writer gives Milton Friedman far more benefit of the doubt than I do).

Right-wingers lie, part 3.

But don't blame Republican officials: bigotry is the very core of American conservatism. It may be getting worse right now, but this is the way it has always been. And you can't say you were not warned.

Even though the Republican voting base will deny it.

 I'm only halfway through my tabs, but I have things I need to do today, so this is where I have to stop.




No comments: